Forgot Your Password?
Search for a Job
Advanced Job Search
Search By District
Search By Region
Glendale Community College District
January 31, 2018 - March 30, 2018
Faculty Diversity Internship Program
GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
invites applications for the position of:
03/30/18 11:59 PM
The Faculty Diversity Internship Program trains and prepares interns, interested in teaching at a community college, for future faculty employment opportunities. The intent of the program is to increase the pool of potential candidates that reflect the diversity of our student population in the local community, greater Los Angeles area, and internationally. The Faculty Intern will participate in professional development workshops on various instructional related topics and classroom training with a mentor in a specific discipline. Applications will be accepted for all disciplines including, but not limited to, the following areas: Biology, Chemistry, Nursing, Computer Science, Economics, English, English as a Second Language (ESL), Marketing, Math, Music, Social Sciences, Sociology, and Speech/Communications. The program is not available for counseling interns.
The eligibility requirements are:
• No community college teaching experience. Applicants with teaching experience in the following areas are eligible to apply:
- Teacher's Assistant
- K-12 teaching experience
• Must be in good academic standing at an accredited college or university
General Education Disciplines
• Within one year of completing a master's or doctoral degree program at an accredited institution
Career Technical Education (CTE)
• Six years of related work experience and within one year of completing an Associate degree, or four years of related work experience and within one year of completing a Bachelor's degree at an accredited college
• Meet faculty minimum qualifications. Please click the following link for the GCC Minimum Qualifications list: http://www.glendale.edu/home/showdocument?id=5361
How To Apply
The following documents must to be attached to the online application:
• Professional Resume
• Letter of Interest (2 page limit)
• Unofficial copy of transcripts. Foreign transcripts and degrees require official certification of equivalency to U.S. transcripts and degrees by a certified U.S. review service at the time of application.
All required documentation must be attached to the online application, by the applicant, by the closing date. Additional documents not requested in the announcement, will not be reviewed. Applications with incomplete information (i.e. statements such as "see resume") or missing documents will not be considered.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, March 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
All completed applications and required documents will be screened for completeness and the eligibility requirements stated in the job announcement. A select number of candidates will be invited for an interview. All candidates will be notified by email of their final disposition in the selection process. If you have any questions please call 818-240-1000 ext. 5921.
About the College
Glendale Community College (GCC) is nestled in the foothills of the San Rafael Mountains, centrally located at the intersection of three major freeways, just ten miles from downtown Los Angeles. Glendale is affectionately known as Jewel City, one of the fastest growing communities in the Southern California region. A vibrant hub of economic activity and cultural diversity; it is an exciting place to work and live!
GCC is recognized throughout the state as a model of shared governance and collegiality. Known for excellence and rigor, we have one of the highest transfer rates to the UC system and other California four-year colleges. Additionally, the college offers a broad range of vocational programs and takes pride in providing outstanding student services and curriculum to help prepare students for success in the 21st Century.
GCC is c
Start Time to End Time:
Other Location Info: